Embassy Management Seminar 2024
A seminar assisting embassy management teams with running secure, sustainable, cost-efficient and compliant missions.
Find out about
- Security and Risk Management – covering physical security of the premises, cyber security and keeping personnel safe as well as risk management, insurance and business continuity.
- Human resources – covering relocation, UK employment and health & safety regulations, immigration requirements to sponsor foreign workers, and obligations of missions to their local staff.
- Financial services – including banking, insurance, taxes
- Property and facilities management – including sustainable facilities management, relocation and renovations, working with local authorities, landlords and Historic England.
- Transport – managing a transport fleet, tax rebates for fuel and vehicle imports, liaison with local authorities, HMRC and the DVLA
Who you will meet
- Local authorities
- Government agencies (DVLA, HMRC, UKVI)
- Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection
- Diplomatic service providers including:
- Customer care services
- Diplomatic suppliers (duty free goods)
- Facilities management and utilities
- Financial services (banking, insurance)
- Human Resources services (healthcare, relocation, payroll, pensions, recruitment, compliance)
- Legal services (employment, real estate, immigration, data protection)
- Security services (physical, cyber and business continuity planning)
- Transport services (vehicle imports, tax-free sales, fuel cards, vehicle hire)
Who should attend
- Security managers
- Admin managers
- Financial attachés
- Procurement managers
- Facilities managers
- Human Resource managers
- Fleet managers
“Excellent opportunity for networking with colleagues that deal with similar issues and opportunity to find out new information”
Embassy of Slovenia
The ability to meet Embassy staff in a relaxed atmosphere. A wonderful networking opportunity to meet with Embassy staff in a relaxed location, this event offered a proactive environment to build relationships with key decision makers.
Jaguar Land Rover
“It was a unique event with a great format. All you could want under one roof! Plus very entertaining”
Embassy of Belarus
Very well organised. Good attendance and nice space to exhibit. Extremely well organised and well attended event.
“The event was successful, as it provided an avenue for us to meet and interact with service providers”
Ghana High Commission
Met some useful people and a great opportunity to network with Embassy staff.
“The event was a great opportunity to network and refresh the contact list with new services providers”
As always it is a fantastic opportunity to see our diplomatic community and to engage with them regarding what is happening in their world and for them to learn about what is happening at Heathrow VIP.
“I think it was a very successful Expo. I also want to compliment the Embassy Group for bringing so much valuable information”
Particularly enjoyed the part of the event where all delegates walked round the stands. The event was well organised, very friendly staff and a good set-up.
Santa Fe Relocation
“Good organisation. All providers gave an interesting and good description of their products. Speakers gave good insight into the work of their respective organisation”
Malaysian High Commission
Really enjoyed the networking. Beautiful venue and lovely people.
“A good initiative to bring people together in an informal setting for networking.”
“It was useful to get in contact with the diplomatic community in London and learned a lot about the city rules and regulations”
“Extremely good and thorough overview. By far the most complete induction I have received in any posting (have been posted in Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Israel and the UN in New York)”
Embassy of Sweden
“I found this to be a wonderful introduction to London and to life as a diplomat in this great city. A very well-organized and thorough seminar which succeeded in answering many questions”
Canadian High Commission