Embassy Education eForum on Africa
- This event has passed.
A forum to connect African education attachés with the UK education sector to discuss opportunities beyond Covid19
14:30 – 15:30:
- Introduction by Forum Chair, Dr David Pilsbury, Deputy Vice Chancellor (International), Coventry University
- An overview of challenges, opportunities, trends in Africa with Richard Grubb, Senior Policy Officer, Africa, at Universities UK International (UUKi)
- Impact of Covid-19 on international students from Africa and support measures, with Stephanie Harris, Lead on International Engagement at UUKi
- Overview of student visa policy (including Covid-19 waivers and guidance) – Heather Knight, immigration specialist at UK Council for International Student Affairs
- Scholarships in Africa – Rachel Arnold, Association of Commonwealth Universities and Chevening TBC
- Trans-National Education in Africa – Eduardo Ramos, Head of Trans-National Education at UUKi
- Partnerships, graduate employability and academic diversity – Adetomi Soyinka, British Council Director, Education & Skills Programme
15:30 – 16:00
Break Out Rooms
About Embassy Events
Embassy Events is part of the Embassy Network, a trusted organisation with more than 20 years’ experience serving the London diplomatic community. Our targeted events enable businesses to network and build contacts with the diplomats during their posting in London. We host both real-world and online events, offering service providers a flexible range of opportunities to showcase their services, products and expertise. Our events have an excellent reputation and are always well attended by members of the diplomatic corps.